Top 5 Supplements for Gym Goers!
- Multi Vitamin: The clear advantage of taking a multi vitamin is avoiding vitamin/nutrient deficiency. So many of the foods produced today are processed and stripped of their natural nutrients. Taking a multi vitamin will ensure you are getting all the proper vitamins so your body can function at its best
- Protein: This macronutrient is responsible for many of the bodies functions like building and repairing muscle tissues, bones, skin, cartilage, blood, and controls most of the bodies hormones. Essentially your breaking down your muscle fibers when involved in a resistance program, and protein is the only thing that will repair and replenish your muscles. The most common protein supplement is “whey” protein, best absorbed by the body 15-20 minutes after your weight training.
- BCAA: Branched Chain Amino Acids are your bodyʼs essential amino acids, the kind we cannot synthesis. This supplement is best used pre and post workout to aid in building your muscles, and has also been seen to aid as fuel. BCAA also can improve recovery and almost does away with muscle soreness. Best in powdered form.
- Glutamine: This amino acid is responsible for more metabolic processes in the body than any other amino acid. It is known to increase alertness and brain function, reduce soreness, promote a healthy immune system, prevent muscle wasting, and plays a major roll in promoting a healthy body.
- Fish Oil: Fats are not created equal and fish oils are the kind of fat you need to be consuming. Fish oil is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids (good fats) and has benefits ranging from lowering bad cholesterol, reducing inflammation, combating depression, promoting fat loss and even increases muscle growth. Overall this is probably one of the most underrated supplements. Our bodies can not produce Omega 3 fatty acids, so we must consume them in our diet. Take your fish oils.
What supplements are you taking or suggest taking!?!
This entry was posted in ALL
. Bookmark the permalink